Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Perspective!

Today I asked a friend this question, "How many things have to go wrong before just one thing can go right?" His answer was simple and actually kind of humored me he said, "Idk....4?" It wasn't until later on that day I realized that I was asking the entirely wrong question and looking at my situation with the wrong PERSPECTIVE.
I think most people can relate to the fact that no matter if it is 1 or 20 things going wrong it is all we notice and think about. We to quickly look over the 1 thing that went right. It is all about perspective. Yes, there are things in this life that will never seem right no matter which way you look at it or which way you cut it. I truly think that it is not until heaven that we will have perspective for some things. But think of things like not getting the job you wanted or finding out that some of the people you trusted most were not that genuine after all. Things like this can often ruin our day. We let them take over. But with a different perspective we may come to see that these things were a blessing. They showed us that maybe our dream job was actually something totally different than we originally imagined or even pointed out that our true friends were a lot closer than we thought we just never lookws to our left and right.
After a rough day yesterday of feeling sorry for myself, having car trouble, and a little bit of a breakdown. I was sitting at the bar in the kitchen in my apartment trying to focus on homework. But I was avoiding with Facebook like all great college students....haha. Anyway, for those of you that have Facebook you know on your news feed, if you have it up a while, it will let you know when there are new stories. You then click and these things are updated to your news feed. Well I saw there was 1 new story, which is kind of weird to only have one, and when it popped up it was a status update from a friend in high school. He had posted a video and it was one of my favorite christian artist. I had never heard the song so I was excited. As the song began and I listened to the words I began to gain some perspective. The video is below and if you listen I think you will understand why. I will let the video and lyrics speak for itself. But this video coming up yesterday at that moment was an incredible God thing and I had to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment